Be creative with laser scoring!
Laser scoring will not only improve the quality of the packaging and its functionality, but it will also make your product stand out in the supermarket shelves.
Easy and fun to open!
• User-friendly opening
• Avoid wrap rage!
• Intelligent packaging is easy to open, no need for scissors and no product spillage
• The optimum is a defined tear structure and tear initiation that gives the user a controlled opening and guided tear
• Entire tear line is visible and can be used as design element
• A smart Tamper evident can be designed to the packaging
Enhanced shelf life
Tailored permeability by fine laser perforations (micro holes) ensure that your packaging breathes as fresh fruits and vegetables respirate. A controlled gas exchange ensures that the content stays fresh and have a long shelf life.Gas tightness/high barrier of the packaging will remain.
Differentiating pack look for brand identification
Use laser cut windows as design elements and add extra features such as easy portioning/dosing instruction and be Playful.
Laser scoring features are ideal for:
• Frozen food
• Snacks & confectionery
• Any on-the-go food product
• Processed meat
• Hard cheese
• Dry mixes and nutritional powders
• Medical devices such as wound care & plasters
And much more!
How does it work?
The Flextrus laser scoring process selectively weakens a specific layer of the packaging material whilst ensuring that no barrier characteristics are lost in the process.
• A v-shaped channel is created in the top layer(s) or flexible film, thus generating the basis of a desired score line.
• Multilayer laminates are ideal for laser scoring because while one layer absorbs the laser beam for a precise score line, the other layers remain untouched.
The process delivers a controlled score depth for
• Tear initiation and guided tear
• Controlled gas or moisture barrier
Unique laser scored features and designs can be added to the packaging
• Individual laser patterns can be produced in register with the print design
• Entire tear line is visible and can be used as a design element
• Window in different shapes and figures can be punched out from a paper based laminate.
The laser scoring is made in-line in Flextrus’ productions processes. No modifications are necessary in the packaging lines