FSC® Chain of Custody certification allows companies to label their FSC® products, which in turn enables consumers to identify and choose products that support responsible forest management.
Mixing of FSC® certified and non-certified products must be done under controlled procedures that meet the FSC® Chain of Custody requirements. Chain of Custody certification is essential for businesses seeking to access environmentally and socially aware markets, or to demonstrate compliance with public and private procurement policies that specify environmentally responsible materials. These include the EU Ecolabel scheme for furniture, or the US Green Building Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system..
We are annually audited and certified according to FSC® Chain of Custody (license code FSC®-C068028). Feel free to ask about our FSC® certified products.
A company that wants Chain of Custody Certification must:
- Have a quality system of internal procedures.
- Check the timber / wood fibers originating in FSC® certified products.
- Perform monthly monitoring and documentation of the FSC® production.
- Be able to mark invoices and shipping documents relating to FSC® products with certificate number.
- Use the FSC® brand in the right way for FSC® products.