A unique thermoformable paper material with strong consumer appeal
Flextrus PaperLite® is a paper-based packaging material that puts a pack with the attractive look & feel of paper in the hands of consumers. Its real natural paper look and feel gives you the opportunity to differentiate your products and attract consumers who prefer fibre-based packaging. Flextrus PaperLite® is based on Billerud FibreForm®. The material runs well on standard packaging lines.
Like all Flextrus food packaging, Flextrus PaperLite® is approved for food contact. Flextrus is ready to guide you in delivering the right product to cover your specific demands.
Quick overview of Flextrus PaperLite®
- FSC certified thermoformable base web with real natural paper
- Flextrus PaperLite® is based on sustainable, renewable paper from FSC-certified sustainably managed forests
- Enables reduction of plastics in packaging – a true environmental benefit
- Reduces packaging weight compared to standard polymer-based materials, which offers environmental benefits and reduces packaging fees
- Range of sealing layers combines with easy-opening options for consumer convenience
- Designed specifically for shallow trays
- Excellent capabilities on existing Form Fill & Seal machines with as superior formability and easy cutting
- Suits high quality flexo printing and advanced graphic reproductions for striking visuals
- Contains no iso-cyanates or solvents
Our Flextrus PaperLite® range includes
- PE- and PET-sealing options including easy peel
- Medium and high barrier protection grades
- High quality printed alternatives
Customised to cover all your needs
Flextrus PaperLite® base webs match our range of lidding films for perfect pack integrity and process efficiency. We can help you customise flexible packs that are adapted to your exact specifications for functional properties, convenience features and advanced flexo printing demands. Available as pre-made items, your customised Flextrus PaperLite® packs will maximize your marketing efforts. And are backed by your local Flextrus team to ensure responsive service and full deliveries on short notice. This is ideal if you require short turnaround times or if your production volumes fluctuate.
Applications where this product is used
Materials used in this product